As we approach 2020, I know many of you will be making resolutions for the upcoming year. I'm so excited for us as we head into 2020. The New Year always feels like a fresh start to me. Now is the time to start working towards a new goal!
When you make a resolution, think about setting SMART goals. To make sure your goals are clear and reachable, each one should be:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant)
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating)
- Achievable (agreed, attainable)
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based)
- Time-bound (time-based, time-limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive)
Creating SMART goals will allow you to see progress! So instead of saying "I'm going to yell at my child less", I'll create a goal that says this week, "I will count to 5 before responding." Giving myself time before responding means I am less likely to yell. (And yes, this example might be my actual goal right now)
If you are out there thinking, Girl I am a hot mess and have no idea where to start. Make a small goal for a week! Do something small and it'll start adding up. I always make quarterly goals (Thanks Kitlife planner!) because yearly seems too big.
Scroll down for our Making Resolutions checklist! Print this out or stop by the shop on January 4th!
Need some inspiration? Next Saturday, we have a full day of classes Saturday, January 4th, 2020:
- Coffee with Littles with special guest Hali Moro from AMRAP Method
- Real Food for Real Life with Dr. Camille Berger
- Organizing with Style Up Group
- Momma Style with The Color Geek
- Detox your Skin with Mother Loving Potions
This is a great way to hang out with your ladies, feel strong in 2020 and start living your best life.