All soaps are handcrafted by Mother Loving Potions in house. In her house. With lots of love and perfecting of her recipe. Handcrafted soaps are better for you because:
- They are full of superfat. Superfat is the extra oil that is not processed into soap. These bonus oils leave your body and the largest organ protected by its own natural barriers in addition to infusing extra moisture with the skin.
- Our dermis (skin) protects our bodies and immune systems. Chemical surfactants and harsh cleansers strip the skin of its natural barriers and leave it open to damage.
- Large companies extract glycerine (a natural humectant and byproduct of soap making) from their soap for sale in other industries. Mother Loving Potions leaves glycerine intact in their soaps so to help keep your skin moisturized throughout the day.
- Waste. 1.4 billion body wash bottles are used every year. This does NOT include shampoo or conditioner bottles. You can cut your waste by using bar soap in recyclable/biodegradable packaging.
- Bar soap is biodegradable (unlike many synthetic detergent body washes).
- Made with natural, food-grade ingredients.
The best part of waking up is either a warm shower or a hot cup of coffee. Now you can have both! Coffee bars are handcrafted with freshly brewed coffee in place of water in our go-to favorite soap recipe. The addition of buttermilk enriches lather while coffee grounds exfoliate and the scent of fresh coffee wraps you in a cozy hug while gently awakening the senses.
Ingredients: rice bran oil, olive oil, coconut oil, brewed coffee, tallow, shea butter, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, fragrance, coffee grounds, buttermilk, kaolin clay, sodium lactate
Free & Sensitive
Developed for a sensitive family, Mother Loving Potion's Free & Sensitive Soap has become a staple for sensitive types. This recipe is vegan-friendly. Ingredients: olive oil, babassu oil, water, palm oil, shea butter, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, peppermint essential oil, kaolin clay, sodium hydroxide
A Close to the Heart exclusive! This smells like your mother handed you a ginger ale when you weren't feeling all that great. A light, refreshing scent. Ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, sweet almond oil, sodium hydroxide, shea butter, water, grapeseed oil, kaolin clay, fragrance, castor oil, sodium lactate, mica
The timeless scent of lavender can never be wrong. Also, soothing and perfect in a relaxing bath for littles to help them wind down. Ingredients: rice bran oil, olive oil, coconut oil, water, tallow, shea butter, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, kaolin clay, fragrance, sodium lactate, mica, lavender buds
Smells of berries and sweet bubbly. Perfect for those that love a mild, fruity scent. Ingredients: rice bran oil, olive oil, coconut oil, water, palm oil, shea butter, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, fragrance, kaolin clay, sodium lactate, mica
Finally, we can bathe in wine in a socially acceptable way! Made with real wine, this soap lathers beautifully and smells of fruity, red wine. Ingredients: olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, sweet almond oil, wine, sodium hydroxide, shea butter, water, grapeseed oil, kaolin clay, fragrance, castor oil, sodium lactate, mica